Welcome to the ... Site.
I am the .
This web site is for newly diagnosed Person with diabetes (or PWD's). As a PWD, you will have numerous questions about Diabetes.
Understandably, it is something both new and intimidating, but not something that every person who encounters a new situaton has experienced. It affects your entire life, and this includes youself, your family and friends, and thepeople youwork with.
Diabetes is a chronic or life-long condition. It is something you wish to take seriously, but once you understand it (meaning Diabetes the disease), and learn the restrictions it imposes upon you, it becomes much easier to learn to live a normal and healthy life with it.
Please explore this web site. I have reviewed all of the information contained with it, edited the content (or material) to make it easy to understand.
It is my personal belief that, reading without comprehending is of no assistance to anyone. I have gather this information from the best sources, reviewed it for accuracy, and made it available for your use.
Please feel free to recommend this site to your friends, and family. Support from your friends and loved one's is an integral part of getting by and learning to livea happy and healthy life as a Person with Diabetes.
- Politically Correct, which is important to some folks.
- It differentiates between Diabetes - the disease and,
- and the individual having Diabetes, the Person with Diabetes (or PwD).
- It gives us something to learn early on, which makes us all feel smarter (and better).
- It is featured in Diabetes Forecast® the American Diabetes Association Consumer Magazine. I read it, and do recommend it.
- I allows me to teach you something which most folks either did not know or did not remember.